Friday, September 4, 2009

Where and how to start?

Here we are at the beginning of a new blog about homeschooling and I don't know where to begin. Shall I just jump in and tell you all about the fun we had this week or should I start at the beginning with the philosophy behind it all?

Today I choose to start with introductions.

I'm Lisa, a mother of 3 children, age 5 1/2, 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. Together, with my husband Doug, we live in the suburbs of north Texas. I grew up (mostly) in Coppell, where I met Doug and where we still attend church with the extended family. After Coppell, I attended college at the University of Dallas where I earned my degree. I'm a certified educator, though I don't view that as my chief qualification for schooling my children.

We moved into our house 6 months ago after living in our first home for 7 years. During that time, we met our good friends, the Heberts. They lived across the street from us then and when it came time to move, we coordinated with them and found a neighborhood with adjacent lots that suited both of us. About a year later, our houses were finished, complete with a gate between our back yards. We have continued schooling our 3 oldest kids together in our new houses. Four days each week we convene upstairs in my house to hold Kindergarten.

And that, my friends, is why I've started this blog. There's so much to share about our Kindergarten (and beyond) adventures, that I shouldn't bog down our family blog with all the details.

Surely, Melanie will join us shortly with an introduction of her own.

1 comment:

  1. We miss having you guys closer to us. I do think it is cool that you were able to coordinate with the Heberts in moving though

    ReplyDelete